Most days bring a wild mix of exciting and dull moments. We try our best and work hard to meet the needs of each day. Most of us know that treating ourselves well is imperative to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but itÌs easy to forget. Melissa can serve as a reminder to take time to enjoy the simple things and designate space in our lives for rejuvenation. With a lemony and floral aroma, Melissa is a wondrous essential oil that can serve as an all-natural antidepressant while providing warmth to the respiratory system through its cordial properties. Like a calming stroll on the shore, Melissa calms the mind and relieves anxiety. It also has amazing antibacterial and nervine properties that can have remarkable effects on the digestive and nervous systems. During the 16th Century, the Swiss-German physician and botanist, Paracelsus, believed Melissa could revive a person back to life. John Evelyn, an English herbalist, referred to Melissa as a brain balm in the 17th Century. Carmelite Water was a concoction made by combining Melissa with lemon peel, nutmeg, and other herbs and spices. It was used to benefit the skin and heal headaches and digestive issues. A luscious herb with a sweet aroma, Melissa has serrated leaves and petite white and pink flowers. Both the flowers and the leaves are put through a steam distillation method to extract and capture the essential oil. BOTANICAL NAME: Melissa officinalis ORIGIN: Bulgaria EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam Distilled PLANT PART: Flowers & Leaves NOTE: Middle FAMILY: Lamiaceae SYNONYM: Lemon Balm BLENDS WELL WITH: Frankincense, and other resins AROMA: Lemony, sweet, bright, and floral CONSISTENCY: Thin COLOR: Clear Ò Pale Yellow SAFETY: Dilute to 0.9% when using topically. If you have sensitive or damaged skin, then avoid using altogether. Do not use topically with children. Avoid using if you are taking drugs metabolized by CYP2B6 SHELF LIFE: 2 Years
Features & Highlights
- Melissa can serve as a reminder to take time to enjoy the simple things and designate space in our lives for rejuvenation. With a lemony and floral aroma, Melissa is a wondrous essential oil that can lift your spirits. It calms the mind and relieves anxiety - a luscious herb with a sweet aroma.
- Each oil is available in 5, 10, and 30 ml- packaged in amber glass bottle with euro style dropper cap. Each order includes our 150 Ways to Use Essential Oils brochure. For more details about this product, see Product Description section below.
- Each oil is GC/MS tested to ensure 100% certified pure therapeutic grade quality. Reports and comments posted on direct website. No pesticides, herbicides, GMO or additives. All oils stored in temperature controlled rooms, with minimal light, to ensure therapeutic properties are not compromised.
- Highest quality and affordable prices. We do not sell wholesale or to stores, but offer top quality essential oils at the best price, direct to our loyal customers. We ship promptly from our garden to your home, which means product never sits on shelves. We control the freshness and quality of each product.
- We are one of the top 250 US sellers on Amazon.com (ranked 178 out of around 2 million sellers), with a consistent customer service feedback rating of 100%. Edens Garden is women owned and operated. 10% of all proceeds are donated to a variety of organizations.
|Item Weight:||0.01 pounds|
|Item Size:||2 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.5 pounds|
|Package Size:||2.99 x 2.01 x 2.01 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Edens Garden, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.